Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Subscription Database Brochure Reflection

 Post a reflection on your blog in which you reflect on the process you used to create your brochure. Some prompt to consider if you need reflection ideas:  Why did you choose the resources(s) that you chose? Why did you choose the format that you chose? What considerations went into the application you used to create your brochure?  How will your product help you better serve your patrons? Include screenshots of your brochure as part of your post.

I decided to do a brochure on how to access Hoopla but go a little further on how to get more kid-related items. I created a tri-fold brochure it was easier but I kind of wanted to do a half-folded brochure, but I couldn’t figure it out, so I moved on to a tri-fold brochure a blank template on Canva. I used a blank template because I didn’t like the ones I saw but the background looks a little sad I could have used a template but I’m undecisive that’s why I went with a blank template. Besides that, I think it looks okay not the greatest thing in the world, but I like it. I decided to do the brochure on how to access Hoopla because lately I have been getting questions about it we already have a brochure on that but I decided to just start from scratch. Also, since I work as a children’s librarian, I thought of a step further than I could take it is how to get it to kid’s mode. In a sense, it is easier for everyone to use to know how to access Hoopla and know why they might not be getting access to certain materials if they are in kid’s mode. Which has been asked before by a parent saying they can’t read a title or even look up a title because they had previously gotten a children’s item. The title/item that they were looking for was in the adult section and in the kid’s mode making it unviewable. In a sense having this around for when people could be beneficial for parents and people who would rather not talk to someone.

The thing is that at the library I work at I wouldn’t be doing a brochure I would be doing the bare bones of what I want to include to make the brochure but actually do it no. The reason is that we have a marketing person that is in charge of any and all promotional items that have the library’s logo and they have a set of templates already that we can use. So, this isn’t what they would do they would probably make it way better, but I created it with the idea of we don’t have a person who does marketing stuff. So, here is the brochure that I made. 













1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea to have a brochure oriented for kids content. It's easy to see how parents might have trouble navigating library materials especially during situations where they might be using their library card for both material for them and their kid. Also having the brochure in general for people who might not feel comfortable interacting with others is helpful for those that are introverted

    ReplyDelete

Instructional Project

  Blog reflection on the process of this project as well as presentation. What was your thought process while choosing a topic? What was the...