Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Promotional Flyer

 Post a reflection of no more than 500 words to your blog in which you reflect on the process you went through to develop your flyers. You might...

·        explain how you used design principles.

·        discuss (and/or show) various flyer attempts that led to your final products.

·        talk about what you used and what you liked or did not like about it.

·        share how you reconciled your use of different media for the same promotional event. 

Choosing a name for my public library was the hardest I thought of this assignment. I had to it for a long time Blank Public Library then I watched Turning Red, the movie, and asked my sister who watched it with me what I should name my library she said Panda, which I thought fitting, so that is why my library is called Panda Public Library. I used a nontraditional program to do my print flyer on I used PowerPoint. Mostly so I wouldn't worry about using a template for the print flyer. While for my digital flyer, I used Canva (https://www.canva.com/) and I used a template they had. I changed the template from Canva a bit. The most challenging aspect of doing a print flyer was changing the colors from RGB to CMYK. It was hard to get it right.

Here is the Print File I did before it was changed to CMYK

It looked nice brilliant color, but it lost some of the brilliance once I made it into CMYK. Then I had to change it to CMYK I had to find software that did that. I used more icons than graphics for the print flyer because it was easier to find those that could be used under the creative commons license. Next, for doing the digital flyer, I used a template but instead of using it how it came, I changed parts of it, and it was under newsletter template instead of a flyer template.

Here is what the template looked like before I changed it.

The digital flyer was easiest since I had already done the print flyer. I just changed it a bit, making the digital flyer.

Here are my final flyers. 




The one I liked the most was the digital flyer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructional Project

  Blog reflection on the process of this project as well as presentation. What was your thought process while choosing a topic? What was the...