Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Book Trailer

 Reflection on the process of making a book trailer

I have made videos before, but I haven’t been the one to post them. I have created one story-time video and the rest have been craft-related videos for the library I work at. When I first started making them I made using Wondershare Filmora but then the free trial expired and started looking for other editing software for videos found DaVinci Resolve and used that. It has been a while since I have created a video so when I was looking at what a book trailer could look like. I saw a video on how to create a video using Canva and I decided to try that out and see if that could work. So I started with Canva it was fun but then I had to add the audio and that was kind of a mess so I downloaded it and uploaded it to DaVinci Resolve and added the audio there. For the background music, I went between what I have used before which is YouTube Studio their audio library, and Purple Planet Music. One thing that really helped me while creating the video was the chrome extension ColorZilla it helped me match colors from the images in the book that I chose to the background color. Then I got to thinking of using the images from the book. That lead me to the publisher's website and their permissions & sub-rights which also included a form to use if one is doing a storytime using the book in a video. At this point, I kind of froze on what to do since I had mostly finished the video minus no audio yet. Nonetheless, I continued on. I chose a children’s book since those are the ones I am most familiar with as a children’s librarian. The book I chose was Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug by Jonathan Stutzman; illustrated by Jay Fleck. Most of the images I used came from Canva or the book. 

Here is my Book Trailer link: 

https://youtu.be/fyoE6aoW5kw  


The other one I made 

https://youtu.be/ljF8YgfBonA


Same as the middle one but I talk in this one:

https://youtu.be/RgF8k-jyW9U



The reason I made the other ones instead of just sticking to the first one is that I'm thinking about copyright infringement and I think I'm tiptoeing the line. 

Overall, this is easier to edit than when I do the craft videos for my library. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructional Project

  Blog reflection on the process of this project as well as presentation. What was your thought process while choosing a topic? What was the...