Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Pathfinder

 At first, when I saw examples of the assignment, I thought that it could be easy. I could just base it on an annual project kids do at a school. That could work for a school librarian, but as a public librarian, it's hard to do but not impossible. I thought to create a pathfinder on dinosaurs in Wakelet. I created my pathfinder based on the idea of either needing it for a research project or just to learn more about dinosaurs. Starting with resources from the library, to websites that offer facts about dinosaurs. Going down, there are activities that need to be printed out such as a memory game with dinosaurs. Further down there are YouTube videos that are about dinosaurs. Then at the very bottom are crafts or projects that one can do based on dinosaurs. For public libraries, I think using a pathfinder is more using it for fun topics and getting in touch with the local schools and asking them what big projects kids are doing. If say, National Hispanic Heritage Month is coming up, have a pathfinder with events coming up that month, book displays/lists that they have, and fun things to explore more information on the topic. I went back and forth on what kind of curation site I should use. Then also thinking is a curation site is the way to go for a public library or is it better to create a blog post technically creating on to the library webpage that a public library has. For example, Elmhurst Public Library has a page on their website to help writers titled Resources for Writers. Then Richland Library does blog posts one of them they did is titled “That’s Gross!” and they have videos and a list of books that they have in the post. I think that’s what most public libraries would do instead of using a curation site. Though using a curation site has its draw because using them one can add multiple items easily.

Here is the link to my Dinosaur Wakelet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructional Project

  Blog reflection on the process of this project as well as presentation. What was your thought process while choosing a topic? What was the...