Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Curation Sites Reflection

    When I was looking at curation sites, I opened all of them and just chose the ones that seemed easy to use. I started with Pearltrees which was the first curation site I chose. It was easy to set up and start once I figured out what I wanted to add to create a collection. Then I tried Diigo it was not easy to figure out, so I skipped it. Then I started with Wakelet which was easier than Diigo. It gave me the option to add the extension which I used. Adding all the tabs that I had opened was easy since it had access to which were open. Though I just copied the link for the website and pasted it to the collection I created. The next curation site that I used was Symbaloo which was fun to use and easy. I can see how easy it is to view the websites that I added to the collection for Symbaloo.

What I think is important when creating curations sites is ease of use. Which I got when using Pearltrees and Wakelet. It was not easy using Diigo. While it is a nice website, I may use it for the future by taking notes and adding articles for a research project that I think would work great. Ease of use straight off is great for just including websites. If using it to write notes and other things the Diigo website is a good choice just not for me. Another one that I looked at but didn’t use was Pinterest I have and still use it. For this assignment I thought about how each one would work for developing my PLN and I do not see how that could work for me. Although I’m not discounting it for future use but for now the one’s that I would use were Pearltrees, Wakelet, and Symbaloo. Diigo I see its use for research projects in the future and Pinterest more of a collection of things to use for when I have multiple ideas going on and I need a quick look at what I can do/create. I can see Symbaloo working great for programs with kids to show what they are or even for parents. Although I feel like Wakelet is the one that is would work better for adults to see a preview of the website plus a snippet of what it is about it looks more professional. Similar to Pearltrees although Pearltrees is a little less professional looking but still a good site to use. As I was doing this assignment, I am partially a curator but really more of a dumper. I chose more than 10 websites to include in the curation sites. If I had gone with Pinterest the curation site that I am most familiar with. It would have been a mess of a whole lot of websites and many other things.

Here are the links to my curation sites:

Pearltrees

Symbaloo

Wakelet

1 comment:

  1. I skipped sooo many because they were too confusing/challenging. Glad I'm not the only one! Agree that Pearltrees was great.

    ReplyDelete

Instructional Project

  Blog reflection on the process of this project as well as presentation. What was your thought process while choosing a topic? What was the...